How to Protect Yourself and Others
Steps to take if you are sick
These steps are specific to the local (Ethiopian) context. In any other case, please reach out to your health authorities for instructions on checking your symptoms and reporting information.
- 1. Check yourself for the major COVID-19 symptoms: fever, dry cough and shortness of breath.
- 2. If you have one or all of the above 3 symptoms, call 8335 and report the symptoms.
- 3. There may be a long wait time with 8335 but please remain patient and stay on the line.
- 4. The call operator will decide if further steps need to be taken.
- 5. If the call operator believes that you are a COVID-19 suspicion case, they will dispatch a surveillance team to come to where you are and further verify your COVID-19 status.